Slide 1 of 15
BEST: Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997-2003)
Inspired by: Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992)
What Worked: No one could have predicted the phenomenon that would result when a young Sarah Michelle Gellar stepped into the shoes of Buffy Summers — except maybe creator Joss Whedon. But there turned out to be a lot more to the ditzy cheerleader with a destiny (originally played by Kristy Swanson). Add in a band of loyal Scoobies, a couple of mysterious (and hot!) vampires, and you have a series that will live on well past the apocalypse. (We know it can; they lived through several.) —Sandra Gonzalez
Image Credit: Everett Collection
April 15 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...