Slide 1 of 15
BEST: Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997-2003)
Inspired by: Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992)
What Worked: No one could have predicted the phenomenon that would result when a young Sarah Michelle Gellar stepped into the shoes of Buffy Summers — except maybe creator Joss Whedon. But there turned out to be a lot more to the ditzy cheerleader with a destiny (originally played by Kristy Swanson). Add in a band of loyal Scoobies, a couple of mysterious (and hot!) vampires, and you have a series that will live on well past the apocalypse. (We know it can; they lived through several.) —Sandra Gonzalez
Image Credit: Everett Collection
April 15 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!