Slide 1 of 10
10. The Conjuring
Digging my fingernails into my armrest while Lili Taylor played hide-and-seek with her daughters in The Conjuring was one of the most delirious experiences I had at the movies this year. The white-knuckle chiller about a husband-and-wife team of ghost hunters investigating a creepy old house in Rhode Island won’t win points for originality (there’s the usual smorgasbord of fetid stenches, creaky doors, and visions of dead people), but director James Wan ratchets up those bump-in-the-night clichés with crackerjack craftsmanship, tightening the vise on the audience’s frayed and frazzled nerves.
Image Credit: Warner Bros
December 20 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!