Slide 1 of 10
10. Julius Caesar (Brooklyn)
In director Phyllida Lloyd’s London-birthed revival, orange is the new Bard. The setting is a women’s prison, where inmates act out the bloody tragedy and give an ironic charge to the conspirators’ calls for ”Liberty! Freedom!” The all-female cast, led by Harriet Walter as a butch, spliff-lighting Brutus, prove that women can be every bit as strong — and deadly — in letting slip the dogs of war.
Image Credit: Pavel Antonov
December 20 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!