Slide 1 of 10
10. Julius Caesar (Brooklyn)
In director Phyllida Lloyd’s London-birthed revival, orange is the new Bard. The setting is a women’s prison, where inmates act out the bloody tragedy and give an ironic charge to the conspirators’ calls for ”Liberty! Freedom!” The all-female cast, led by Harriet Walter as a butch, spliff-lighting Brutus, prove that women can be every bit as strong — and deadly — in letting slip the dogs of war.
Image Credit: Pavel Antonov
December 20 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- EW Party at Comic-Con 2016: See Stars' Red Carpet Arrivals
- Comic-Con 2016: See the Best Cosplayers From Day 2
- 'The Dark Tower' Storybook Stephen King Fans are Dying to Get
- Comic-Con 2016 Star Portraits: Day 2
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 2 Panels
- 10 of the Best Moments From 'The Daily Show'