Slide 1 of 10
Why She Deserves A Movie: Listen, we get why it’s hard to bring Wonder Woman to the big screen. For one thing, she has a couple of powers that seem ready-made for Aquaman-style scorn (invisible plane! lasso of truth!). More problematically, she lives in a weird gray area of Proto-Feminist Icon and Skimpily-Dressed Bombshell. But that particularly modern gender-role confusion is even more reason for this movie to be made. Explicitly created in 1941 to break up the superhero boys’ club, Wonder Woman’s struggles in the world of men have never felt more topical.
Who Should Star: Practically every brunette actress in Hollywood has been rumored as a possibility to put on Wonder Woman’s magic bracelets. As a left-field choice, Morena Baccarin would combine the requisite amount of hot charisma (see Firefly) and imperial authority (see V.) And then there’s a really left-field choice that’s actually brilliant: Beyoncé Knowles.
Who Should Direct: Kathryn Bigelow, who is Wonder Woman.
Image Credit: DC Comics
May 11 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!