Slide 1 of 10
Why She Deserves A Movie: Listen, we get why it’s hard to bring Wonder Woman to the big screen. For one thing, she has a couple of powers that seem ready-made for Aquaman-style scorn (invisible plane! lasso of truth!). More problematically, she lives in a weird gray area of Proto-Feminist Icon and Skimpily-Dressed Bombshell. But that particularly modern gender-role confusion is even more reason for this movie to be made. Explicitly created in 1941 to break up the superhero boys’ club, Wonder Woman’s struggles in the world of men have never felt more topical.
Who Should Star: Practically every brunette actress in Hollywood has been rumored as a possibility to put on Wonder Woman’s magic bracelets. As a left-field choice, Morena Baccarin would combine the requisite amount of hot charisma (see Firefly) and imperial authority (see V.) And then there’s a really left-field choice that’s actually brilliant: Beyoncé Knowles.
Who Should Direct: Kathryn Bigelow, who is Wonder Woman.
Image Credit: DC Comics
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!