Slide 1 of 10
Noah Webster and his WordsAuthor: Jeri Chase FerrisIllustrator: Vincent X. Kirsch
Young students should be familiar with the name Webster from their classroom dictionaries, but the man himself is another matter. Ferris honors the American spelling pioneer by bringing him to life through what Webster loved best – words. While Kirsch’s illustrations are impressive, what really singles out this picture book is its ability to incorporate definitions within the text without sounding contrived. Parents and children alike will be able to enjoy this tale of a great American revolutionary without being bogged down by too many hard words. Who knew reading about the dictionary could be so much fun? A
December 4 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...