Slide 1 of 10
Noah Webster and his WordsAuthor: Jeri Chase FerrisIllustrator: Vincent X. Kirsch
Young students should be familiar with the name Webster from their classroom dictionaries, but the man himself is another matter. Ferris honors the American spelling pioneer by bringing him to life through what Webster loved best – words. While Kirsch’s illustrations are impressive, what really singles out this picture book is its ability to incorporate definitions within the text without sounding contrived. Parents and children alike will be able to enjoy this tale of a great American revolutionary without being bogged down by too many hard words. Who knew reading about the dictionary could be so much fun? A
December 4 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!