Slide 1 of 10
Max Cervantes’ Mandalorian 300
We. Are. Mandalore! Er…Sparta! Special effects artist Max Cervantes, who’s contributed miniature models for Beetlejuice, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Starship Troopers, and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction in Orlando, recognized the inherent similarity between Mandalorian helmets and the ancient Spartan headgear displayed in Zack Snyder’s 300: part head-protector, part visor, with strikingly jagged angles to strike fear in the heart of Jedi and Persians alike. Does this mean Boba Fett’s abs are as insanely ripped as those of Gerard Butler’s King Leonidas?
All proceeds of the ”As You Wish Project” go to the Make-A-Wish® Foundation. All 10 helmets featured here and 30 more are for sale starting Aug. 23 on the auction’s official eBay page.
Image Credit: thedentedhelmet.com
August 24 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!