Slide 1 of 10
Max Cervantes’ Mandalorian 300
We. Are. Mandalore! Er…Sparta! Special effects artist Max Cervantes, who’s contributed miniature models for Beetlejuice, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Starship Troopers, and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction in Orlando, recognized the inherent similarity between Mandalorian helmets and the ancient Spartan headgear displayed in Zack Snyder’s 300: part head-protector, part visor, with strikingly jagged angles to strike fear in the heart of Jedi and Persians alike. Does this mean Boba Fett’s abs are as insanely ripped as those of Gerard Butler’s King Leonidas?
All proceeds of the ”As You Wish Project” go to the Make-A-Wish® Foundation. All 10 helmets featured here and 30 more are for sale starting Aug. 23 on the auction’s official eBay page.
Image Credit: thedentedhelmet.com
August 24 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!