Slide 1 of 10
Max Cervantes’ Mandalorian 300
We. Are. Mandalore! Er…Sparta! Special effects artist Max Cervantes, who’s contributed miniature models for Beetlejuice, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Starship Troopers, and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction in Orlando, recognized the inherent similarity between Mandalorian helmets and the ancient Spartan headgear displayed in Zack Snyder’s 300: part head-protector, part visor, with strikingly jagged angles to strike fear in the heart of Jedi and Persians alike. Does this mean Boba Fett’s abs are as insanely ripped as those of Gerard Butler’s King Leonidas?
All proceeds of the ”As You Wish Project” go to the Make-A-Wish® Foundation. All 10 helmets featured here and 30 more are for sale starting Aug. 23 on the auction’s official eBay page.
Image Credit: thedentedhelmet.com
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Gisele Bündchen, Patrick Dempsey, Rosamund Pike & More!