Slide 1 of 10
Muhammad Ali in The Greatest
The title (Ali’s nickname) says it all. The heavyweight champ, born Cassius Clay, plays himself in the 1977 film based on his autobiography. The action kicks off with Ali’s gold medal-winning bout (he was a mere light heavyweight then) at the 1960 Rome Olympics. It’s an appropriately triumphant beginning to the story of the ”float like a butterfly, sting like a bee” sports legend, whose appearance to light the ceremony-starting cauldron at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics brought a nation to tears (and cheers). —Erin Strecker
Image Credit: Everett Collection
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!