Slide 1 of 10
Muhammad Ali in The Greatest
The title (Ali’s nickname) says it all. The heavyweight champ, born Cassius Clay, plays himself in the 1977 film based on his autobiography. The action kicks off with Ali’s gold medal-winning bout (he was a mere light heavyweight then) at the 1960 Rome Olympics. It’s an appropriately triumphant beginning to the story of the ”float like a butterfly, sting like a bee” sports legend, whose appearance to light the ceremony-starting cauldron at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics brought a nation to tears (and cheers). —Erin Strecker
Image Credit: Everett Collection
August 8 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!