Slide 1 of 10
1. Badass Princesses
When the inevitable princess phase strikes, suggest that your girl dress up as a royal with backbone. My daughter Violet went as Princess Leia when she was about five, and it was insanely cute, even though the cinnamon bun wig kept sliding back. Current for this year is Princess Merida from Brave. This excellent horsewoman and archer refused an arranged marriage to a goofball, and then saved her mother from an untimely death by bear. She had all that flowing red hair, too, which will make your girl easy to spot in the Halloween parade.
Image Credit: Disney/Pixar
October 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!