Slide 1 of 10
1. Badass Princesses
When the inevitable princess phase strikes, suggest that your girl dress up as a royal with backbone. My daughter Violet went as Princess Leia when she was about five, and it was insanely cute, even though the cinnamon bun wig kept sliding back. Current for this year is Princess Merida from Brave. This excellent horsewoman and archer refused an arranged marriage to a goofball, and then saved her mother from an untimely death by bear. She had all that flowing red hair, too, which will make your girl easy to spot in the Halloween parade.
Image Credit: Disney/Pixar
October 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!