Slide 1 of 10
Fast & Furious 6 (out now)
Big dumb action movies are a dime a dozen each summer. But really good big dumb action movies are rare indeed. This borderline ridiculous, over-the-top demolition derby also happens to be a perfectly constructed low-IQ blast. Credit to director Justin Lin (it takes a certain kind of logistical genius to engineer a movie this giddily entertaining, especially six films into a franchise) but let’s be clear: This is the aptly named Vin Diesel’s vehicle all the way. He’s the lunkhead heart of the film — especially during its bonkers cargo-plane climax. It’s one of the biggest, dumbest, and most electrifying action sequences in ages. Check your brain at the door and fasten your seat belt. —Chris Nashawaty
Image Credit: Universal
January 27 2015 — 2:11 PM EST
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Kate Mara, Sienna Miller & More!