Slide 1 of 10
Brother Power the Geek (1968)
Dreamed up by Captain America co-creator Joe Simon, Brother Power was a mannequin dressed in hippie threads who was brought to life by a lightning strike. Published by DC, the Brother Power comic was clearly an attempt to cash in on the late-’60s groovy vibe. According to Simon, DC editor Mort Weisinger was appalled by the comic, which he claimed was ”all about the drug culture: hippies, drugs, and street people.” It was canceled after just two issues, the second of which featured Brother Power being shot into space by then governor of California, Ronald Reagan.
Image Credit: DC Comics
May 21 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!