Slide 1 of 10
Hazel Lancaster and Augustus Waters, The Fault in Our Stars
First Encounter: Wry sixteen-year-old Hazel meets Augustus, a hot, sarcastic 17-year-old with a crooked smile, at their cancer support group. ”Goddamn,” Augustus said quietly. ”Aren’t you something else?”
Defining Moment: He reads her favorite book An Imperial Affliction.
Relationship Challenges: Hazel’s diagnosis is terminal.
Why They Work: Because they both understand what it feels like to be young and sick and still fully, hilariously, passionately alive. Because of Amsterdam. Because they deserved three lifetimes together. —Karen Valby
Image Credit: James Bridges
June 8 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year