Slide 1 of 10
Hazel Lancaster and Augustus Waters, The Fault in Our Stars
First Encounter: Wry sixteen-year-old Hazel meets Augustus, a hot, sarcastic 17-year-old with a crooked smile, at their cancer support group. ”Goddamn,” Augustus said quietly. ”Aren’t you something else?”
Defining Moment: He reads her favorite book An Imperial Affliction.
Relationship Challenges: Hazel’s diagnosis is terminal.
Why They Work: Because they both understand what it feels like to be young and sick and still fully, hilariously, passionately alive. Because of Amsterdam. Because they deserved three lifetimes together. —Karen Valby
Image Credit: James Bridges
June 8 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!