Slide 1 of 10
10. Superman’s New Look
I’m not talking about the abandonment of the red undies. In Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel, the blue and the red in Superman’s costume were both cheerlessly dark — as if black oil had spilled into the dye — and scaly. The muting of primary colors spoke volumes about Christopher Nolan’s influence and the Dark Knightization of Superman for an age in which ”truth, justice, and the American way” are all followed by question marks.
Image Credit: Clay Enos
December 17 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!