Slide 1 of 10
10. Superman’s New Look
I’m not talking about the abandonment of the red undies. In Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel, the blue and the red in Superman’s costume were both cheerlessly dark — as if black oil had spilled into the dye — and scaly. The muting of primary colors spoke volumes about Christopher Nolan’s influence and the Dark Knightization of Superman for an age in which ”truth, justice, and the American way” are all followed by question marks.
Image Credit: Clay Enos
December 17 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday