Slide 1 of 10
10. Superman’s New Look
I’m not talking about the abandonment of the red undies. In Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel, the blue and the red in Superman’s costume were both cheerlessly dark — as if black oil had spilled into the dye — and scaly. The muting of primary colors spoke volumes about Christopher Nolan’s influence and the Dark Knightization of Superman for an age in which ”truth, justice, and the American way” are all followed by question marks.
Image Credit: Clay Enos
December 17 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!