Slide 1 of 10
10. Superman’s New Look
I’m not talking about the abandonment of the red undies. In Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel, the blue and the red in Superman’s costume were both cheerlessly dark — as if black oil had spilled into the dye — and scaly. The muting of primary colors spoke volumes about Christopher Nolan’s influence and the Dark Knightization of Superman for an age in which ”truth, justice, and the American way” are all followed by question marks.
Image Credit: Clay Enos
December 17 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!