Slide 1 of 11
Olivia Foxworth (Ellen Burstyn), Flowers in the Attic
Mom badge of dishonor: How much time do you have? Olivia shunned her daughter Corrine just because Corrine married her own half-uncle — which could happen to anybody, really. Then, when Corrine returned to Foxworth Hall after her husband dies, Olivia insisted on keeping their children locked in an upstairs room, where she periodically beat them, starves them, called them sinful ”devils’ spawn,” and kept a watchful eye on the two oldest kids, insisting that they must share some sort of wicked lust for one another. (Spoiler alert: She was totally right.) And that’s before the whole poisoned-doughnuts thing.
Image Credit: James Dittiger
May 10 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!