Slide 1 of 11
Olivia Foxworth (Ellen Burstyn), Flowers in the Attic
Mom badge of dishonor: How much time do you have? Olivia shunned her daughter Corrine just because Corrine married her own half-uncle — which could happen to anybody, really. Then, when Corrine returned to Foxworth Hall after her husband dies, Olivia insisted on keeping their children locked in an upstairs room, where she periodically beat them, starves them, called them sinful ”devils’ spawn,” and kept a watchful eye on the two oldest kids, insisting that they must share some sort of wicked lust for one another. (Spoiler alert: She was totally right.) And that’s before the whole poisoned-doughnuts thing.
Image Credit: James Dittiger
May 10 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!