Slide 1 of 11
Olivia Foxworth (Ellen Burstyn), Flowers in the Attic
Mom badge of dishonor: How much time do you have? Olivia shunned her daughter Corrine just because Corrine married her own half-uncle — which could happen to anybody, really. Then, when Corrine returned to Foxworth Hall after her husband dies, Olivia insisted on keeping their children locked in an upstairs room, where she periodically beat them, starves them, called them sinful ”devils’ spawn,” and kept a watchful eye on the two oldest kids, insisting that they must share some sort of wicked lust for one another. (Spoiler alert: She was totally right.) And that’s before the whole poisoned-doughnuts thing.
Image Credit: James Dittiger
May 10 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday