Slide 1 of 11
Olivia Foxworth (Ellen Burstyn), Flowers in the Attic
Mom badge of dishonor: How much time do you have? Olivia shunned her daughter Corrine just because Corrine married her own half-uncle — which could happen to anybody, really. Then, when Corrine returned to Foxworth Hall after her husband dies, Olivia insisted on keeping their children locked in an upstairs room, where she periodically beat them, starves them, called them sinful ”devils’ spawn,” and kept a watchful eye on the two oldest kids, insisting that they must share some sort of wicked lust for one another. (Spoiler alert: She was totally right.) And that’s before the whole poisoned-doughnuts thing.
Image Credit: James Dittiger
May 10 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...