Slide 1 of 11
Martin Scorsese & Leonardo DiCaprio
In a way, they saved each other. DiCaprio invigorated Gangs of New York, The Aviator, and The Departed with a vibrant, masculine rage that hadn’t been present in Scorsese’s work for years. Meanwhile, Scorsese rescued DiCaprio from heartthrob prison and guided him into challenging, dangerous roles. After taking a break from collaboration following 2010’s twisty thriller Shutter Island, the two reunited for The Wolf of Wall Street — a champagne-soaked dramedy that granted the Internet its most precious gif(t) of 2013. —Hillary Busis
Image Credit: Bobby Bank/WireImage
December 25 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!