Slide 1 of 11
Rachel Dawes, The Dark Knight
In the Joker’s cruelest gag, he kidnaps Bruce Wayne’s true love and her boyfriend Harvey Dent, forcing Batman to choose which one to save before two bombs explode. While Batman races off, Rachel and Harvey are bound to chairs in separate locations. Will Batman save Rachel in time? Of course, he’s coming for Rachel, right? Right? Batman breaks down the door to find Harvey instead — just as the bomb evaporates Rachel. Man, that was cold. —Jeff Labrecque
SPOILER WARNING! The next slide contains key plot details from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which hit theaters May 2, 2014). If you’d like to skip over it to the next screen click here.
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!