Slide 1 of 11
Rachel Dawes, The Dark Knight
In the Joker’s cruelest gag, he kidnaps Bruce Wayne’s true love and her boyfriend Harvey Dent, forcing Batman to choose which one to save before two bombs explode. While Batman races off, Rachel and Harvey are bound to chairs in separate locations. Will Batman save Rachel in time? Of course, he’s coming for Rachel, right? Right? Batman breaks down the door to find Harvey instead — just as the bomb evaporates Rachel. Man, that was cold. —Jeff Labrecque
SPOILER WARNING! The next slide contains key plot details from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which hit theaters May 2, 2014). If you’d like to skip over it to the next screen click here.
May 5 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!