Slide 1 of 11
Rachel Dawes, The Dark Knight
In the Joker’s cruelest gag, he kidnaps Bruce Wayne’s true love and her boyfriend Harvey Dent, forcing Batman to choose which one to save before two bombs explode. While Batman races off, Rachel and Harvey are bound to chairs in separate locations. Will Batman save Rachel in time? Of course, he’s coming for Rachel, right? Right? Batman breaks down the door to find Harvey instead — just as the bomb evaporates Rachel. Man, that was cold. —Jeff Labrecque
SPOILER WARNING! The next slide contains key plot details from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which hit theaters May 2, 2014). If you’d like to skip over it to the next screen click here.
May 5 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!