Slide 1 of 12
Cult Actors, Deployed Cultishly
Tarantino has always enjoyed casting actors with a video-store legacy. In Reservoir Dogs, Old Hollywood tough guy Lawrence Tierney played the cut-from-granite crime lord Joe. Jackie Brown paired two actors from the counterculture era — blaxploitation star Pam Grier and Medium Cool leading man Robert Forster — in basically the only mature romances in the director’s filmography. Kill Bill featured martial arts legend Sonny Chiba, bathed in heavenly light as the legendary Hattori Hanzo. And in the trailer for Django Unchained, you can spot Franco Nero, the spaghetti western legend who played the original Django almost 50 years ago.
Image Credit: Andrew Cooper
December 24 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday