Slide 1 of 15
Sinead O’Connor vs. Miley Cyrus
Nothing compares 2 this budding rivalry. Funny enough, it all began with a compliment: Cyrus acknowledged that some of her recent creative/aesthetic decisions, including her ”Wrecking Ball” video, were inspired by O’Connor’s ”Nothing Compares 2 U.” But O’Connor strongly objected to the association and lectured Miley in a lengthy open letter. Cyrus responded more succinctly, and a little immaturely, via Twitter, evoking O’Connor’s troubled history. This set things off, prompting O’Connor to pen not one but two more letters — so far.
Winner: The Postal Service (not the erstwhile electronic band). Never has letter-writing been so popular! But really, though, it’s obviously ongoing.
Image Credit: FRED TANNEAU/AFP/Getty Images; Michael Tran/FilmMagic
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More