Slide 1 of 15
Sinead O’Connor vs. Miley Cyrus
Nothing compares 2 this budding rivalry. Funny enough, it all began with a compliment: Cyrus acknowledged that some of her recent creative/aesthetic decisions, including her ”Wrecking Ball” video, were inspired by O’Connor’s ”Nothing Compares 2 U.” But O’Connor strongly objected to the association and lectured Miley in a lengthy open letter. Cyrus responded more succinctly, and a little immaturely, via Twitter, evoking O’Connor’s troubled history. This set things off, prompting O’Connor to pen not one but two more letters — so far.
Winner: The Postal Service (not the erstwhile electronic band). Never has letter-writing been so popular! But really, though, it’s obviously ongoing.
Image Credit: FRED TANNEAU/AFP/Getty Images; Michael Tran/FilmMagic
October 4 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!