Slide 1 of 15
James Cameron (1997)
Shout-from-the-mountaintops speeches were par for the course in 1997, but no winner felt more elated than Cameron, who wrapped up his Best Director acceptance with a line from his megahit Titanic: ”I’m the king of the world!” Over time it’s been a touchstone of cringeworthy hubris, but in that moment it felt straight from the heart.
Image Credit: Timothy A. Clary/Getty Images
February 22 2015 — 2:54 PM EST
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!