Slide 1 of 15
James Cameron (1997)
Shout-from-the-mountaintops speeches were par for the course in 1997, but no winner felt more elated than Cameron, who wrapped up his Best Director acceptance with a line from his megahit Titanic: ”I’m the king of the world!” Over time it’s been a touchstone of cringeworthy hubris, but in that moment it felt straight from the heart.
Image Credit: Timothy A. Clary/Getty Images
February 22 2015 — 2:53 PM EST
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!