Slide 1 of 15
James Cameron (1997)
Shout-from-the-mountaintops speeches were par for the course in 1997, but no winner felt more elated than Cameron, who wrapped up his Best Director acceptance with a line from his megahit Titanic: ”I’m the king of the world!” Over time it’s been a touchstone of cringeworthy hubris, but in that moment it felt straight from the heart.
Image Credit: Timothy A. Clary/Getty Images
February 26 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!