Slide 1 of 15
THE DARK KNIGHT (2008)
With The Dark Knight, director Christopher Nolan built upon Batman Begins by crafting an even grander morality stage for his Caped Crusader to navigate. Drenched in gravitas, and benefiting from Heath Ledger?s topsy-turvy (and Oscar-winning) take on the Joker, The Dark Knight proved that the superhero genre can and should be taken seriously. Of course, the Academy didn’t get that memo when it embarrassingly failed to nominated the blockbuster for Best Picture.
Image Credit: Stephen Vaughan
June 13 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!