Slide 1 of 15
THE DARK KNIGHT (2008)
With The Dark Knight, director Christopher Nolan built upon Batman Begins by crafting an even grander morality stage for his Caped Crusader to navigate. Drenched in gravitas, and benefiting from Heath Ledger?s topsy-turvy (and Oscar-winning) take on the Joker, The Dark Knight proved that the superhero genre can and should be taken seriously. Of course, the Academy didn’t get that memo when it embarrassingly failed to nominated the blockbuster for Best Picture.
Image Credit: Stephen Vaughan
June 13 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!