Slide 1 of 15
WHAT IT’S ABOUT Camp North Star may not have the best food, the smartest staff, or as many activities as rival Camp Mohawk, but the kids there do have plenty of spirit, thanks to counselor Tripper (Bill Murray, above right).
WHY WE LOVE IT It might not be as funny now as when you first saw it, but after all his recent sad-clown performances, it’s cool watching Murray go crazy in his first big movie role. (Highlight: Tripper pretends to be a Camp Mohawk counselor, and tells a news reporter the the kids in his charge will be spending a week with hookers.)
FUN FACT The score was composed by Oscar winner Elmer Bernstein (Thoroughly Modern Millie). So that explains all the oboe solos during the sentimental parts…
Image Credit: Everett Collection
August 23 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Lupita Nyong'o, Amber Heard, Rosario Dawson & More!