Slide 1 of 15
Pee-wee’s Big Adventure (1985)
Pee-wee’s Playhouse was a bizarro wonderland curated by an adenoidal man-child in a too-small suit. It was also, by far, my favorite TV show as a child. When I finally followed my weirdo hero back to the 1985 film that spawned the series, I was ecstatic to find not one, but two nutball-genius visions at work: Paul Reubens and Tim Burton in his feature debut. It was likely the claymation prowess and dark humor of the latter that led to the single most frightening, pants-wettingest moment of the film: Large Marge, that legendary, ghostly trucker who looks…like…THIS! —Keith Staskiewicz
May 27 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!