Slide 1 of 15
Pee-wee’s Big Adventure (1985)
Pee-wee’s Playhouse was a bizarro wonderland curated by an adenoidal man-child in a too-small suit. It was also, by far, my favorite TV show as a child. When I finally followed my weirdo hero back to the 1985 film that spawned the series, I was ecstatic to find not one, but two nutball-genius visions at work: Paul Reubens and Tim Burton in his feature debut. It was likely the claymation prowess and dark humor of the latter that led to the single most frightening, pants-wettingest moment of the film: Large Marge, that legendary, ghostly trucker who looks…like…THIS! —Keith Staskiewicz
May 27 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Diane Kruger, Padma Lakshmi, Elle Fanning & More!