Slide 1 of 16
World War Z
Zombies are expected to be a shambling mess falling apart at the seams — zombie movies, not so much. Brad Pitt’s geopolitical undead thriller found itself struggling for coherence during production. After disagreements between Pitt and director Marc Forster, an incident involving fully functional guns on set, and large budget overages, the final third of the film was eventually rewritten by Damon Lindelof and Drew Goddard, requiring 30 to 40 minutes of reshoots and pushing the total cost up to $200 million, meaning the film beat its own record for most expensive zombie movie ever made.
Image Credit: Jaap Buitendijk
June 20 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels