Slide 1 of 17
GIRL GONE WILD
In 1965, America had heard plenty about Broadway’s hottest new star, Barbra Streisand. TV viewers got their chance to see her perform when the 23-year-old ingénue appeared in her first tube special, My Name Is Barbra, which went on to win five Emmys. The ”Funny Girl” lived up to her title when she appeared at the awards podium, giggling and joking about a run in her stocking. ”This is too fantastic!” she gushed. ”When I was a kid — I mean a younger kid — my favorite shows were the Oscars and the Emmys. I didn’t care who won then, just how she looked, how he looked…was he drunk? Television is a marvelous business.”
Image Credit: Corbis
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!