Slide 1 of 17
GIRL GONE WILD
In 1965, America had heard plenty about Broadway’s hottest new star, Barbra Streisand. TV viewers got their chance to see her perform when the 23-year-old ingénue appeared in her first tube special, My Name Is Barbra, which went on to win five Emmys. The ”Funny Girl” lived up to her title when she appeared at the awards podium, giggling and joking about a run in her stocking. ”This is too fantastic!” she gushed. ”When I was a kid — I mean a younger kid — my favorite shows were the Oscars and the Emmys. I didn’t care who won then, just how she looked, how he looked…was he drunk? Television is a marvelous business.”
Image Credit: Corbis
August 23 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!