Slide 1 of 17
TV Show: No Reservations True, we don’t ever witness Bourdain behind the grill, but this chain-smoking bad boy’s purveying of other people’s cooking around the world in his jet-setting Travel Channel show satisfies our palate just the same. Bourdain is chef-at-large of New York’s Les Halles, but he’s also a blogger and prolific author, penning such trade gems like 2001’s Kitchen Confidential and divulging insider secrets (example: never, ever order the Hollandaise sauce). But what renders Bourdain’s endeavors consistently easy-to-digest is his straight-shooter mentality, such as when he swiftly digs into the heart of a still-breathing cobra without so much as a second thought.
Image Credit: Jurgen Frank/Corbis
July 10 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...