Slide 1 of 17
TV Show: No Reservations True, we don’t ever witness Bourdain behind the grill, but this chain-smoking bad boy’s purveying of other people’s cooking around the world in his jet-setting Travel Channel show satisfies our palate just the same. Bourdain is chef-at-large of New York’s Les Halles, but he’s also a blogger and prolific author, penning such trade gems like 2001’s Kitchen Confidential and divulging insider secrets (example: never, ever order the Hollandaise sauce). But what renders Bourdain’s endeavors consistently easy-to-digest is his straight-shooter mentality, such as when he swiftly digs into the heart of a still-breathing cobra without so much as a second thought.
Image Credit: Jurgen Frank/Corbis
July 10 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years