Slide 1 of 21
Emilia Clarke, 'Terminator Genisys'
Clarke is a softer, gentler version of Linda Hamilton’s Sarah Connor in the new Terminator sequel, which finds her much more prepared for evil time-traveling robots when we first meet her in 1984. In a major twist, she’s been raised by Arnold Schwarzenegger’s original Terminator from the time she was a girl, and he’s taught her everything there is to know about the types of weapons that can take down a killer robot. She can be sweet, but she still doesn’t think twice about pulling a gun on the man who might be her unborn son. What a dragon lady. —Jeff Labrecque
August 16 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!