Slide 1 of 20
”O say can you shred?”
On the final day of the definitive rock weekend of the ’60s countercultural revolution, Jimi Hendrix woke up the crowd at Woodstock with a blistering version of ”The Star-Spangled Banner” that was somehow simultaneously reverent and rebellious.
Image Credit: AP
April 10 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!