Slide 1 of 20
”O say can you shred?”
On the final day of the definitive rock weekend of the ’60s countercultural revolution, Jimi Hendrix woke up the crowd at Woodstock with a blistering version of ”The Star-Spangled Banner” that was somehow simultaneously reverent and rebellious.
Image Credit: AP
April 10 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!