Slide 1 of 20
Representing: South Korea
Event: Figure Skating
Her Story: In 2010’s Vancouver Games, the then-19-year-old received the highest score ever given to a figure skater in the Olympics, securing the first-ever Olympic gold for her homeland. Four years later, ”Queen Yuna” — who has capitalized on her fame to the tune of $14 million in prize money and sponsorships in 2013 — must be feeling the pressure from competitors, particularly Japan’s Mao Asada, who has something to prove after taking silver in Vancouver, and Russian wunderkind Julia Lipnitskaia (read on for more on them). —Ariana Bacle
Image Credit: Itsuo Inouye/AP
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!