Slide 1 of 20
Alien: Isolation, 2014
Yes, Alien: Isolation is a little long in the tooth, er, venomous fang, but that doesn’t mean its initial few hours aren’t some of the scariest in recent years. The famous xenomorph is smart, brutal, and indestructible—facing its wrath lead to some of the most frightening moments ever encountered in a game. And brilliantly, the game evokes the original Alien film, taking its time to introduce the fearsome beast so that every creak, shuffle, and eerie silence feels like it could be the moment you meet your doom. —Jonathon Dornbush
October 28 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Taylor Schilling, Jessica Alba, Beyoncé & More!