Slide 1 of 20
Alien: Isolation, 2014
Yes, Alien: Isolation is a little long in the tooth, er, venomous fang, but that doesn’t mean its initial few hours aren’t some of the scariest in recent years. The famous xenomorph is smart, brutal, and indestructible—facing its wrath lead to some of the most frightening moments ever encountered in a game. And brilliantly, the game evokes the original Alien film, taking its time to introduce the fearsome beast so that every creak, shuffle, and eerie silence feels like it could be the moment you meet your doom. —Jonathon Dornbush
October 28 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!