Slide 1 of 20
Big in 1993 for… The Girlie Show World Tour, stirring up controversy
Big in 2013 for… The MDNA Tour, stirring up controversy
Mired in backlash over taking the sexy stuff too far, ‘93 was a tough one for Madonna. The years since have been far more kind. Her ‘98 release Ray of Light won a bunch of Grammys, and she since surpassed Elvis’ Top 10 record (38) and been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. On the road, she remains a record-setter — her Sticky & Sweet Tour is the highest grossing ever by a solo artist and her controversial MDNA Tour was 2012’s top-earner. —John Mitchell
Image Credit: Kevin Mazur/WireImage
August 16 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!