Slide 1 of 20
LORELAI GILMORE (LAUREN GRAHAM)
Gilmore Girls (2000-2007)
She’s the mom entertainment junkies wish they had (and many hope to become), what with her endless pop culture references, her affinity for movie nights and repeat viewings (”We got us a Pippi virgin”), and her dog named Paul Anka. Lorelai, however, is also our hero because she found the ideal place to raise a child — Stars Hollow. It’s a town that hosts a competitive dance marathon, a Festival of Living Art, and an elementary school production of Fiddler on the Roof starring a grown man (or Kirk) as Tevye. It’s rare — and refreshing — to see an ”us against the world” mother-daughter twosome so entrenched in a community. And eat that much.
Image Credit: Lauren Graham: Patrick Ecclesine/The WB
May 10 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!