Slide 1 of 21
The Walking Dead (AMC)
The song: Ben Howard, ”Oats in the Water”
The episode: ”Internment” (405)
The hook: As they say, you never forget your first. (Though I’m pretty sure they didn’t mean zombie killing?.) With illness overtaking the survivors’ prison on Nov. 10, bringing a fresh crop of zombies, Hershel (Scott Wilson) had to accept that it was time to put down his first walker. As Hershel put a knife through the head of a man he’d been nurturing just minutes before, Howard sang, ”You’ll find loss, and you’ll fear what you found.” Though Hershel proved surprisingly bold and strong until his last breath on Dead’s fourth season, his impromptu theme song also revealed his humanity, playing again at the end of the ep as he sat down and wept — for his lost companions and for what he’d just lost.
Read Maricela Gonzalez's recap
Image Credit: AMC
December 24 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ed Helms, Jenny McCarthy, Joel Edgerton & More!