Slide 1 of 21
Gone With the Wind (1939)
Despite a rotating set of directors and controversy over the decision to cast English actress Vivien Leigh to play feisty, fussy Southern belle Scarlett O’Hara, Gone would not be easily forgotten. Leigh nailed the role, sizzled with co-star Clark Gable, and proved curtains could be utterly glamorous.
Image Credit: Everett Collection
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!