Slide 1 of 21
The Story: A plane crashes in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, and the lone survivor finds himself in the underwater libertarian techno-utopia known as Rapture — a once-great city descended into anarchy.
Our Cast: The mysterious main character of BioShock doesn’t talk too much and seems variously innocent and sociopathic; we’d cast Jeremy Renner and let those blue eyes do the talking. The real key is casting the right actor to play mid-century science visionary Andrew Ryan, one of the greatest characters in videogame history. How about Gary Oldman?
Why It Might Not Suck: Set in a gorgeously designed retro-future world, BioShock is a visual wonder. And since since the society of Rapture is based on the philosophy of Ayn Rand — the always-topical, always-controversial writer of Atlas Shrugged — a BioShock movie could turn into a Nolanesque movie that combines big action with big ideas.
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!