Slide 1 of 21
The Story: A plane crashes in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, and the lone survivor finds himself in the underwater libertarian techno-utopia known as Rapture — a once-great city descended into anarchy.
Our Cast: The mysterious main character of BioShock doesn’t talk too much and seems variously innocent and sociopathic; we’d cast Jeremy Renner and let those blue eyes do the talking. The real key is casting the right actor to play mid-century science visionary Andrew Ryan, one of the greatest characters in videogame history. How about Gary Oldman?
Why It Might Not Suck: Set in a gorgeously designed retro-future world, BioShock is a visual wonder. And since since the society of Rapture is based on the philosophy of Ayn Rand — the always-topical, always-controversial writer of Atlas Shrugged — a BioShock movie could turn into a Nolanesque movie that combines big action with big ideas.
October 29 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!