Slide 1 of 22
Do: Add in an exciting new villain
Star Trek: The Motion Picture isn’t as bad as its reputation suggests, but the Enterprise crew’s first cinematic adventure suffered from a serious lack of tension… possibly because the villain was an energy cloud. What a difference a great villain makes: Ricardo Montalban’s miles-over-the-top sneering villainy in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan redefined the series for the big screen.
See Also: The T-1000 in Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Ralph Fiennes’ Voldemort in the later Harry Potters, Lee Van Cleef in The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
Image Credit: Everett Collection
May 22 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!