Slide 1 of 22
Do: Add in an exciting new villain
Star Trek: The Motion Picture isn’t as bad as its reputation suggests, but the Enterprise crew’s first cinematic adventure suffered from a serious lack of tension… possibly because the villain was an energy cloud. What a difference a great villain makes: Ricardo Montalban’s miles-over-the-top sneering villainy in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan redefined the series for the big screen.
See Also: The T-1000 in Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Ralph Fiennes’ Voldemort in the later Harry Potters, Lee Van Cleef in The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
Image Credit: Everett Collection
May 22 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Beyoncé, LL Cool J, Taylor Swift & More!