Slide 1 of 22
Do: Add in an exciting new villain
Star Trek: The Motion Picture isn’t as bad as its reputation suggests, but the Enterprise crew’s first cinematic adventure suffered from a serious lack of tension… possibly because the villain was an energy cloud. What a difference a great villain makes: Ricardo Montalban’s miles-over-the-top sneering villainy in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan redefined the series for the big screen.
See Also: The T-1000 in Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Ralph Fiennes’ Voldemort in the later Harry Potters, Lee Van Cleef in The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
Image Credit: Everett Collection
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!