Slide 1 of 22
Do: Add in an exciting new villain
Star Trek: The Motion Picture isn’t as bad as its reputation suggests, but the Enterprise crew’s first cinematic adventure suffered from a serious lack of tension… possibly because the villain was an energy cloud. What a difference a great villain makes: Ricardo Montalban’s miles-over-the-top sneering villainy in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan redefined the series for the big screen.
See Also: The T-1000 in Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Ralph Fiennes’ Voldemort in the later Harry Potters, Lee Van Cleef in The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
Image Credit: Everett Collection
May 22 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!