Slide 1 of 22
House in the clouds from Oblivion (2013)
Fictionally available in: 2073
Despite the film’s dystopian vision, Tom Cruise and fellow cast members admitted at the film's red carpet premiere they wouldn’t mind hanging around in a post-alien, post-nuclear future if they could get their hands on newfangled gadgets including a bubble ship, a souped-up motorcycle, and rapid healing machines. But the most enticing do-dad of all was a house in the clouds inhabited by Cruise’s character Jack Harper. ”It has this modern, streamlined and clean aesthetic, and it has an emotion to it as you watch the film,” said Cruise. ”I loved the windows and the way the light poured in. And that floating swimming pool? Forget about it.” Added co-star Zoë Bell, ”Even the exercise equipment was cool. I’ll take it. Where do I sign?” —Lanford Beard
July 29 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!