Slide 1 of 22
House in the clouds from Oblivion (2013)
Fictionally available in: 2073
Despite the film’s dystopian vision, Tom Cruise and fellow cast members admitted at the film's red carpet premiere they wouldn’t mind hanging around in a post-alien, post-nuclear future if they could get their hands on newfangled gadgets including a bubble ship, a souped-up motorcycle, and rapid healing machines. But the most enticing do-dad of all was a house in the clouds inhabited by Cruise’s character Jack Harper. ”It has this modern, streamlined and clean aesthetic, and it has an emotion to it as you watch the film,” said Cruise. ”I loved the windows and the way the light poured in. And that floating swimming pool? Forget about it.” Added co-star Zoë Bell, ”Even the exercise equipment was cool. I’ll take it. Where do I sign?” —Lanford Beard
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!