Slide 1 of 22
The battle for next-gen gaming kicks into high gear with the arrival of new horsepower-pushing hardware from Microsoft and Sony. Along with exclusive launch titles — like Forza Motorsport 5 for Xbox One (bottom) and Killzone Shadow Fall for PlayStation 4 (top) — delivering retina-searing visuals, both boxes promise enhanced online and social experiences, expanded (non-gaming) entertainment options, and the ability to craft enormous, dynamic game worlds. The Xbox One’s a hundred clams pricier than the PS4, but includes new Kinect technology, which Microsoft swears is more game-changing than gimmicky this time around.
August 20 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 18 CBS star portraits from summer/fall shows
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Charlize & Seth, Alessandro & Bradley, Gwen Stefani and More!