Slide 1 of 22
The battle for next-gen gaming kicks into high gear with the arrival of new horsepower-pushing hardware from Microsoft and Sony. Along with exclusive launch titles — like Forza Motorsport 5 for Xbox One (bottom) and Killzone Shadow Fall for PlayStation 4 (top) — delivering retina-searing visuals, both boxes promise enhanced online and social experiences, expanded (non-gaming) entertainment options, and the ability to craft enormous, dynamic game worlds. The Xbox One’s a hundred clams pricier than the PS4, but includes new Kinect technology, which Microsoft swears is more game-changing than gimmicky this time around.
August 20 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!