Slide 1 of 24
The Ideal End: Aping the format of VH1’s Behind the Music, the ”Behind the Laughter” episode brilliantly portrayed the true story of The Simpsons: they’re all actors playing themselves. It’s a brilliant parody of the rise-and-fall-and-rise celebrity narrative, and features a nonstop array of one-liners. ”The dream was over. Coming up: Was the dream really over? Yes it was. Or was it?”
Badness Avoided: Yes, it was. There are plenty of bright spots in The Simpsons’ second decade, but the show has never really rediscovered its ’90s mojo. You can trace the problems right to this episode: Once you go meta, it’s hard to go back. —Darren Franich
Image Credit: Fox
December 16 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!