Slide 1 of 25
For his feature directing debut, Favreau reunited with Swingers pal Vince Vaughn in a shaggy dog tale of two inept, low-level mob goons who get involved in a money-laundering scheme.
This unlikely, kid-friendly Christmas comedy, starring Will Ferrell as a man raised by elves in Santa’s workshop who travels to New York to meet his birth father (a Scrooge-y James Caan), became an enormous hit, proving Favreau’s commercial viability as a director and Ferrell’s bankability as a comic leading man.
Iron Man (2008)
Favreau directed another unlikely lead, Robert Downey Jr., to box-office glory in this smart, idiosyncratic adaptation of the Marvel comic series about an industrialist and weapons designer who turns over a new leaf and fights for the downtrodden in his self-designed suit of armor. —Gary Susman
Image Credit: Zade Rosenthal
February 19 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!