Slide 1 of 25
For his feature directing debut, Favreau reunited with Swingers pal Vince Vaughn in a shaggy dog tale of two inept, low-level mob goons who get involved in a money-laundering scheme.
This unlikely, kid-friendly Christmas comedy, starring Will Ferrell as a man raised by elves in Santa’s workshop who travels to New York to meet his birth father (a Scrooge-y James Caan), became an enormous hit, proving Favreau’s commercial viability as a director and Ferrell’s bankability as a comic leading man.
Iron Man (2008)
Favreau directed another unlikely lead, Robert Downey Jr., to box-office glory in this smart, idiosyncratic adaptation of the Marvel comic series about an industrialist and weapons designer who turns over a new leaf and fights for the downtrodden in his self-designed suit of armor. —Gary Susman
Image Credit: Zade Rosenthal
February 19 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!