Slide 1 of 25
Tyler Perry’s Good Deeds (Feb. 24)
In perhaps his most prominent non-Madea role yet, Tyler Perry plays Wesley Deeds, a wealthy, straitlaced businessman who veers from the beaten path by falling for a struggling janitor played by Thandie Newton. Newton, who starred in Perry’s 2010 drama For Colored Girls, notes a trend in the prolific director-writer-star’s films: ”He’s becoming more interested in the darker side. There?s not just good or bad?there’s shades of gray.” What does that mean for her decidedly unglamorous character? ”That can mean getting ugly,” she says, ”getting bare and getting raw.” —Stephan Lee
Image Credit: Quantrell Colbert
February 6 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!