Slide 1 of 26
THE SOCIAL NETWORK (2010)
A film about the creation of a website could have ended up with just a series of scenes filled with geeks staring at the warm glow of their computer monitors (not that that doesn’t happen in the movie), but thanks to Aaron Sorkin’s screenplay — laced with sex, lies, and? HTML coding? — the computer plays a supporting role to the real drama within. The on-screen Mark Zuckerberg’s computer is his connection to the world around him, even if it leads him to turn away from the people he’s closest to.—Emily Exton
Image Credit: Merrick Morton
May 4 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!