Slide 1 of 25
It was only (in)appropriate that veteran roastmaster Ross had a brush with infamy at the Comedy Central Roast of another third rail-tapper: Roseanne Barr. Though the jokes about Barr herself were relatively tame, Ross’s introductory sight gag — he arrived dressed as the late, disgraced Penn State football coach Joe Paterno, escorted by two semi-nude, baby-faced boys — fell flat. When he later compared Seth Green to James Holmes, who was charged with gunning down dozens of moviegoers at an Aurora, Colo., midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises just two weeks before, Ross really should have known better — that bit had already tanked when Dane Cook attempted it. —Lanford Beard
Image Credit: John Shearer/Invision/AP
August 9 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!