Slide 1 of 25
It was only (in)appropriate that veteran roastmaster Ross had a brush with infamy at the Comedy Central Roast of another third rail-tapper: Roseanne Barr. Though the jokes about Barr herself were relatively tame, Ross’s introductory sight gag — he arrived dressed as the late, disgraced Penn State football coach Joe Paterno, escorted by two semi-nude, baby-faced boys — fell flat. When he later compared Seth Green to James Holmes, who was charged with gunning down dozens of moviegoers at an Aurora, Colo., midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises just two weeks before, Ross really should have known better — that bit had already tanked when Dane Cook attempted it. —Lanford Beard
Image Credit: John Shearer/Invision/AP
August 9 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!