Slide 1 of 25
It was only (in)appropriate that veteran roastmaster Ross had a brush with infamy at the Comedy Central Roast of another third rail-tapper: Roseanne Barr. Though the jokes about Barr herself were relatively tame, Ross’s introductory sight gag — he arrived dressed as the late, disgraced Penn State football coach Joe Paterno, escorted by two semi-nude, baby-faced boys — fell flat. When he later compared Seth Green to James Holmes, who was charged with gunning down dozens of moviegoers at an Aurora, Colo., midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises just two weeks before, Ross really should have known better — that bit had already tanked when Dane Cook attempted it. —Lanford Beard
Image Credit: John Shearer/Invision/AP
August 9 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!