Slide 1 of 10
Pretty much every element of Avatar’s visual production was top-of-the-line, but its groundbreaking use of 3-D is really what transformed it from an expensive Pocahontas knock-off into a record-shattering triumph. For proof, look no further than the scene when Jake learns how to…um…train his dragon. It still makes us queasy, in a totally awesome, free-fall-on-a-rollercoaster way. —Josh Stillman
Image Credit: WETA
July 8 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!