Slide 1 of 10
Pretty much every element of Avatar’s visual production was top-of-the-line, but its groundbreaking use of 3-D is really what transformed it from an expensive Pocahontas knock-off into a record-shattering triumph. For proof, look no further than the scene when Jake learns how to…um…train his dragon. It still makes us queasy, in a totally awesome, free-fall-on-a-rollercoaster way. —Josh Stillman
Image Credit: WETA
July 8 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!