Slide 1 of 30
30. Beach HouseDreamy Indie Duo
Ages Victoria Legrand is 30; Alex Scally is 29.
Why we love them With little more than an organ, a slide guitar, and Legrand’s voice, the two-piece dream-pop band wraps listeners in lush, expansive down comforters of sound. ”These days there’s so much stuff getting in the way of actual music listening, of taking something into yourself,” laments guitarist Scally. ”And that’s the most pleasurable thing in the world. We hope people have that experience again.”
What’s next The duo’s fourth album Bloom, recorded on a ranch in El Paso, is due May 15. After that, Scally says they aim to tour for the rest of the year. ”Live shows are the realest things that can happen anymore. It’s a moment — no matter how many pictures you take, it’s not the same as being there.”
Essential tracks ”Myth,” ”D.A.R.L.I.N.G.,” ”Zebra”
Image Credit: Roger Kisby/Getty Images
April 13 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!