Slide 1 of 30
30. Beach HouseDreamy Indie Duo
Ages Victoria Legrand is 30; Alex Scally is 29.
Why we love them With little more than an organ, a slide guitar, and Legrand’s voice, the two-piece dream-pop band wraps listeners in lush, expansive down comforters of sound. ”These days there’s so much stuff getting in the way of actual music listening, of taking something into yourself,” laments guitarist Scally. ”And that’s the most pleasurable thing in the world. We hope people have that experience again.”
What’s next The duo’s fourth album Bloom, recorded on a ranch in El Paso, is due May 15. After that, Scally says they aim to tour for the rest of the year. ”Live shows are the realest things that can happen anymore. It’s a moment — no matter how many pictures you take, it’s not the same as being there.”
Essential tracks ”Myth,” ”D.A.R.L.I.N.G.,” ”Zebra”
Image Credit: Roger Kisby/Getty Images
April 13 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!