Slide 1 of 34
The Croods (March 22)
A prehistoric family is forced to evolve and venture into an uncharted, picturesque world in search of higher grounds when continental drift destroys their cave. ”This is the world’s first family road trip,” Kirk DeMicco (Space Chimps), who co-directed the film with Chris Sanders (How to Train Your Dragon), told EW's Anthony Breznican. The Croods encounter a more intellectually advanced, but physically inferior human named Guy (voiced by Ryan Reynolds), who leads them on a grand adventure. Patriarch Grug (Nicolas Cage) isn’t keen on Guy’s ideas — a foreign concept to the alpha male — but his daughter Eep (Emma Stone) is more open-minded (he makes fire…and shoes!). ”For the Croods, anything new is super scary,” Sanders said. ”New is bad. On this journey, every single thing they come across is going to be new. For Grug, it’s a nightmare. For Eep, it’s the greatest thing that ever happened to her.”
Image Credit: DreamWorks
March 20 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!